- http://www.chooknook.blogspot.com/ my other blog on keeping backyard chooks in Sydney
- http://www.happyearth.com.au/ the story of two young and inspiring earth gardeners from Wollongong
- http://deepgreenpermaculture.com/ very informative site demonstrating the possibility of changes one can make in a small backyard. This particular site is in Melbourne Australia.
- http://zucchiniisland.blogspot.com/ follow the story of Jason Dingley and his family in South Australia who are working towards home grown food self-efficiency. I love this guy.
- http://www.underthechokotree.com/ a couple in western Sydney who have been doing this stuff for 25 years!
- http://witcheskitchen.com.au/ The author of The Permaculture Home Garden, Linda Woodrow’s current blog. A wealth of information.
- http://milkwood.net/ say no more – permaculture gurus from Mudgee and courses in Sydney
- http://down—to—earth.blogspot.com/ – Rhonda Jean from Australia who is totally amazing. She’s a homemaker guru.
- http://simple-green-frugal-co-op.blogspot.com/ a group of writers who have lots of advice to share on ‘reskilling for a new way of living’.
- http://www.greeningofgavin.com/ Gavin lives in Melton Victoria Australia and is passionate about making a difference to his own life and that of future generations. Another very resourceful blog.
Resources for your garden including suppliers
- http://www.greenharvest.com.au mail order organic fruit and vegetable seed suppliers from QLD
- http://www.forbiddenfruitsnursery.com/ go to products -> page 6 -> for a comprehensive list of stock. No online ordering service as yet so just call them.
- Keeping Chickens – An Australian Guide. Good reference book with practical advice and chook house designs.
- Chook Book – Jackie French
- http://backyard-chicken-keeping.com/all sorts of info
- Introduction to PERMACULTURE , Bill Mollison and Reny Mia Slay
- Companion Gardening in Australian , Judith Collins – Fantastic reference for guilds
- Organic Vegetable Gardening by Annette McFarlane – a very good reference for all manner of vegies
- The Permaculture Home Garden, How to grow great-tasting fruit and vegetables the organic way – free of pesticides and chemicals by Linda Woodrow – a favourite
- Living the Good Life by Linda Cockburn – diary of a family living by sustainable principles
- Earth User’s Guide to Permaculture – Rosemary Morrow
- Composting – A Down-to-Earth, Water-wise guide
- Rainforest Plants, Nan and Hugh Nicholson
- The Organic Garden – Jeffrey Hodges
- Vegetarian Cooking a commonsense guide, Family Circle
- Moon Planting Guide for Gardeners – Stefan Mager
- Create and Oasis with Greywater – Art Ludwig
- ABC Organic Gardener Magazine
- Earth Garden – Practical Solutions for Green Living
- Back Yard Farmer – Earth Garden Publication
Sydney based contacts for materials, tools and equipment
- PDPC supplies tanks, fodder, fencing, compost tumblers, upright tank style garden beds, chook and cow poo, chook feed, lucern etc. Dave is a top bloke and will really look after you. VERY competitive prices. Honest and reliable service. http://www.producedirectpetcentre.com.au/
- Matt the tank guy can make any shape tank you want. He’s even made a yin yang shape. Best raised garden bed prices in Sydney. Contact Matt direct at www.truelocal.com.au/business/heritage-curving/seven-hills